Re: LYNX-DEV Some lynx features

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Some lynx features
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 04:33:10 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Ricardas Cepas wrote:
>                         Hello,
>
>         1)  Lynx 2.7  seems  doesn't check  if terminal  supports
> color.  This results in invisible text at linux-m terminal. Other
> programs fall  back to mono  mode at this terminal,  ncurses test
> utility gives `This terminal lacks color support'.

My copy of linux, compiled for linux-slang, does fall back to using mono
attributes when invoked with `lynx -term=linux-m' or `TERM=linux-m lynx'.
Maybe your terminfo or termcap entry for linux-m is wrong.  Or you have
the environment variable COLORTERM set.

>         2) Why does lynx fails on forms like:
> <LI><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/register.html";>REGISTER (angelfire)</a>
> It gives `Bad HTML ...', displays form, but then gives `Non form
> action defined' though there are action.

Probably Lynx fails to interpret the HTML in question as the author(s)
intended, because the author(s) didn't write valid HTML.

> Other browsers work.

That is probably what the author(s) of such forms use as justification for
not writing valid HTML.  Lynx just happens to disagree with them.

   Klaus

;
;