Re: LYNX-DEV Copyrights, UKans et al.

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Copyrights, UKans et al.
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 10:58:44 -0500 (EST)

> One thing that makes sense to do pending Russell's decision on
> whether he wants to go with a News server as the basic database
> or install a MHonArc upgrade is to move the H)elpfile href to
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/

  The News server exists, and the MHonArc upgrade will be being done as I
need to support both types of archives (I have a number of other groups
using each).  It will be up to the lynx-dev group as to which they wish
to use.

  The big thing that the News system is missing is forward links in
threads - this is because this state information is not stored with the
articles themselves, but references from other articles.  I will be
looking into extra databases to support threading in the future
(Contractual obligations have put most volunteer stuff on hold).

--
 Russell McOrmond, Consultant: <http://www.flora.org/russell/>
 NCF 1997 AGM - Additional resources <http://www.flora.org/russell/ncf/>