Re: LYNX-DEV updating http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV updating http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:42:09 +0900 (JST)

> Comments still welcome.

I'd sure like to see EVERYTHING on one page.  It's on two
pages right now.  How about do away with the <h1>Lynx</h1>,
and have something like:
<em>l_ynx</em> is a text browser for the World Wide Web. Released versions?
Too hokey?

The reference to the rp developmental code should be deleated
from http://lynx.browser.org/.  The worse thing that could happen
to lynx is for there to be multiple `developmental versions'.
Personally (as always flames to me, not lynx-dev), the only
developmental code set I see around is the one Klaus put together
with his and Wayne's mods over Fote's bugfixes.  The only site I
can successfully download it from is Scott's.  Therefore I believe
the `current developmental version' is the one and only link that
should be on the Lynx homepage for downloading developmental code.
If Rob wants to incorporate his styles mods, which I certainly hope
he does, he really should do it to the latest developmental set
at the time he's ready, not his personal one.  Rob's code set
can be found either from the lynx-dev archive or from Subir's "Lynx
links" until it's incorporated.

Oh, and just to see that wall-paper, I took a look with MSIE.
It's absolutely perfect, and I'm sure just what `they' want:
harder-n-hell to read!

__Henry
;
;