Re: LYNX-DEV ISO-8859-2 HTML entities for HTMLDTD.c

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ISO-8859-2 HTML entities for HTMLDTD.c
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:40:17 GMT

[Hynek Med]
> I have added ISO-8859-2 entities like č to Klaus' charset
> patches.  I hope I got it all right - is &udie; an 'u' with
> diaeresis and is 'a' with double accents &adouble; ? Where can I get
> these standards?

The definitive entity list is ISO Technical Resolution 9573 or
something like that.  I have a copy kicking around here somewhere.
There's also a list in Annex D of ISO 8879 (SGML) for those of you
that happen to have it.  I can look stuff up for anyone who needs it;
I don't want to clutter the list with entity lists.

The ISO entity names are never longer than six characters, so
&adouble; definitely isn't right.

The u-with-umlaut is ü.  Although the ISO Diacritical Mark
Characters list lists both ¨ and ¨, all of the accented
letters use the form &xuml;.

The Hungarian double-accent suffix is dblac, so a-double-accent is
&adblac;, I assume - ISO Added Latin 2 doesn't list it.  I'll have to
dig up the ISO TR, I suppose.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden                  One Richmond Square
DynaText SIT Technical Support        Providence, RI 02906 USA