Re: LYNX-DEV Licensing Bobcat? (fwd)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Licensing Bobcat? (fwd)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 15:39:08 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> ( For those who don't know, Bobcat is Lynx 2-4-2 modified to run on )
> ( an 8088 and then enhanced (color, external browser support...).   )
>
> I am not sure how to answer this question.  People do sell computers with
> lynx installed on them...  Anyone?
>
> I really only take credit for slapping Bobcat together.  NUMEROUS other
> people own the copyrights to the lynx parts as well as the libraries for
> video, memory and networking.
>
> Wayne

According to file about_lynx/COPYHEADER from the Lynx distribution,

  "Any licensing or usage questions should be directed to Michael
   Grobe <address@hidden>."

[ I don't know whether 2-4-2 predates that file, or wheter that is
relevant. ]

I am sure Wayne you are wrapping up the relevant (and probably
required) information with your zip files, so he was just not reading
it...

Depending on what he wants to do, he may already have a licence, the GNU
Public License.  (assuming that applies to 2-4-2 and your code).  What he
may or may not do under that licence is spelled out in the file COPYING.

  Klaus

;
;