Re: Windows environment [ Was: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: Windows environment [ Was: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx_w32.zip
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:24:17 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> This is truly off target, so please don't follow on unless completely
> relevant to lynx...
>

> <URL:http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/> points to the latest
> freebie from ATT; a binary distribution of a set of tools for Windows 95
> that allow one more Unix functionality.
>
> Perhaps when it's available (the author has indicated that this should be
> in the next few weeks) some of you working on getting Lynx working on your
> platforms could check to see if it makes using lynx easier.

From perusal of the page, it looks like it might have made Wayne's porting
job a tad bit easier.  I says that cc calls Visual C++, but doesn't
mention Borland C++...  Also, I'm not sure if the entire package would be
needed in order to run a lynx compiled under it or not...  If so, it would
be unreasonable to ask someone to install the package just to get lynx
working... :)  It still looks pretty nifty and may provide some help as
far as helper applications for lynx.