Re: LYNX-DEV trademark (TM, not ®) in Lynx

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV trademark (TM, not ®) in Lynx
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:47:24 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > I am also curious whether people with the Windows port can get e.g. the
> > trade mark sign to display in the native Windows font.  (Should go to
> > O)ptions and set display C)haracter set to to "MS Windows CP 1250" or
> > "MS Windows CP 1252".  Then test how ™ displays.  ™ will be
> > shown as the four letters (TM), that is an inconsistency I already know).
> > I have no way of testing that now.
>
> For the 0.3 release:

Windows 95, right?  (I understand Wayne's port is supposed to
also work on NT?)

> &TM; shows &TM;
as expected, it's not defined

> ™ shows (TM)
as expected (mentioned above)

> © shows R in a circle (sic)
> ® shows 2 less than signs
It appears that hte Windows console in your case expects
"IBM PC codepage 850".  In other words, that is the (encoding of the)
font.  Don't know whether it's easy to change that.

> ™ shows (TM)
This shouldn't happen.  Have you really set display (C)haracter set to
"MS Windows CP 1252" ?  'Coz I'd expect you to see an O-umlaut...

> (I can't wait to see this in the HTML archive :-)

I suspect it would need some <HTML> </HTML> around it (don't know whether
that orks at flora), or a text/html Content-type...

  Klaus

;
;