Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bitmap image

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bitmap image
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 19:58:39 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) wrote:

> Attached to this message is a W32 icon file I'm now using for Lynx-W32.

Looks nice, but it turns a putrid pale yellow when it appears on my
desktop and even switching back and forth from the Program and General
tabs in the Properties dialog it switches colors.  Is this because it's in
BMP format and not ICO, or could it be because I'm in 16-bit color depth
instead of 4 or 8?  I tried loading it and increasing the color depth to
256, but it does the same thing... sigh...