Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bitmap image

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bitmap image
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 05:40:29 -0500 (EST)

Hiram wrote:
> James Wrote:
> > Hiram wrote:
> > > Jim wrote:
> > > Looks nice, but it turns a putrid pale yellow when it appears on my
> > Try using Microangelo (http://www.impactsoft.com/) to reduce the image to
> Yes, I ended up doing part of that.  The problem is that while the image
> only uses 14 colors, it's not using the standard Windows pallette, and
> Windows converts it to use the Windows pallette.  When I pulled the image
> I've included my modified version in the form of an ICO file.  I wish
> someone who's more artistic than I would take a look at the 16-color
> version and see if it can be improved any. :)

I created my bitmap file within XWindows using XPaint, which is buggy
about producing good color maps.  I also used pixmap to rescale the
original, and several filters from netpbm to get the BMP file.  So the
color scheme is pretty bizarre.  I'll post the URLs of the original files,
plus some in-betweens when I get back to my desk Monday.

------
Don't think for a moment this is going to be any better
just because I'm here.   It won't I can assure you.

;
;