Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Win32 Lynx

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Win32 Lynx
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 12:15:55 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Scott McGee (Personal) wrote:

> I too have kudos on the win32 lynx. Using the latest version, I have realadio,
> image/gif, and application/wordperfect all working. image/jpeg is able to
> start Paint Shop Pro, but then PSP fails to read the file.

I haven't tried helpers yet... not enough time. :(

> I did notice (after seeing Hiram mention it) that dragging and dropping
> works, but also noticed that there is a lengthy (several seconds) delay
> after the drop, before lynx will respond to keypresses again. Wierd.

I don't see any delay here.  I tried dragging a file onto the icon AND
using G)oto and dragging a file into the window, and in both cases, I was
able to do it with no problem.  Did you set up a batch file to call it as
Wayne suggested the other day and make the changes (re fast pasting, etc.)
to it's properties as he suggested?  Maybe we need to include a lynx.pif
file with this to configure the settings like Wayne suggested.

I'm not sure if one of these might be causing your problem or not.

> How can I access a drive on another computer over the network. I don't have
> anything mounted as a drive letter, just shortcuts from my desktop through
> the network neighborhood stuff.

Shortcuts of ANY kind don't work right now.  You would have to actually
mount it to be able to work with it.