Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Win32 Lynx

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Win32 Lynx
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 14:20:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> Well, I've never won an invisible T-shirt.  I don't think it would be a
> good idea to wear that one to class. ;)  Speaking of mail, I just tried
> setting it up, and can't get it to work.  I followed the instructions in
> your note at the top of sendmail.txt, changing only the names (to protect
> the innocent... ;) ).  When I go to edit a mail message, it edits
> (example) H:\L-3388215TMP.txt, and then when it goes to send it, it tries
> to send H:\TEMP/L-3388215TMP.txt.  It reports "Cannot access
> H:\TEMP/L-33882".  My TEMP variable is set to H:/TEMP, so why is Lynx
> using H:/ to create the file?  Even if I save it to the proper location, I
> still get the unable to access, and the filename is only partially
> displayed.  Is this a problem with long filenames, or a problem with
> slashes, or none of the above?

Ok, follow-up to this.  Spawning out of mail and issuing the same sendmail
command that Lynx says it's sending works perfectly even with the mix of
forward and backward slashes.  I'd say it must be some kind of problem
with lynx similar to the one about editing local files.  I tried turning
on trace mode, but couldn't tell what it was doing before it cleared the
screen.  Is there any way to capture the trace output under DOS?  I'm
using 4DOS as a command shell.