Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Fatal Error

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Fatal Error
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 15:20:25 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Dave Surtasky, Tech Dir Fisher Aud. wrote:
> While attempting to access the URL
> http://www.bestware.net/albatross/ANIMIMG/animimg.htm
> on our universityUs DEC VAX/VMS, I received the following message:
>
> >%SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=00, virtual address=00000000,
>[ snipp ]
> >A Fatal error has occured in Lynx Ver. 2-4-1

to Dave Surtasky:

 Thanks for the report.  Unfortunately the version of Lynx you were using
is an ancient one.  Many improvements are in the current version, which is
Lynx 2.7.  (see <URL:http:/lynx.browser.org/> for more information on the
current version.)  Older lynx versions just cannot deal with many things
found today on the Web.

to all:

The page (see above) which made Lynx 2-4-1 abort shows an interesting
abuse of SELECT "form" "popups", where the "form" isn't used as a form at
all.  People are pretty inventive...

  Klaus

;
;