Re: LYNX-DEV win32

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV win32
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 18:54:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, jonzonk wrote:

> 3) Printing creates a file with unix style line-feeds which is a PITA
> on a PC. I wrote a VB program to convert text being sent to a local
> printer (I will happily share it with anyone that wants it) but it
> would be nice if the option could be built into Lynx.

You know something, I noticed a variation of this the other day and didn't
think a thing about it.  While trying to get mail to work, if you include
the current page in your comment, it loads it in with unix end of lines.
Hmm...

> 4) Sending a downloaded file to an external program (such as an image
> viewer) suspends lynx and the viewer has to be exited before
> continuing with Lynx.

It's my understanding that this is a "problem" with all versions of lynx
since Lynx is intended to be a text-mode browser.  It assumes that helper
programs are also gonna be text mode and you won't be able to browse until
they're done.  Someone discussed similar things in X-windows.  I think
this can be remedied in the mailcap.  I don't have any references handy,
though. :(