LYNX-DEV openbsd compile environment

From: Gene Skonicki
Subject: LYNX-DEV openbsd compile environment
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 15:32:00 -0600

I'm not very knowledgeable about the lynx development world, but I was
wondering if anyone would mind creating a compile configuration in the
top-level makefile (and related directories) for the OpenBSD operating
system.

In brief, OpenBSD is a free 4.4BSD-based OS with a special focus on
security and implementation issues.  The compile should run exactly
the same as that for the netbsd-ncurses environment accept that the
curses library under OpenBSD is in fact ncurses.  Hence, lynx should
attempt to make use of the extended ncruses character features while
still #include'ing things like curses.h (rather than ncurses/curses.h).
Also, this means that the binary should be linked -lcurses (not -lncurses)
and also be linked against the termlib library (-ltermlib).  That's all
it took for me to get the thing to build under OpenBSD.

Thoughts?

Gene

--
Gene Skonicki