Re: LYNX-DEV autoconfig changes for SCO OpenServer

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV autoconfig changes for SCO OpenServer
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 06:47:04 -0500

> > The -R flag should be relevant to all ELF based systems (System V.4 based).
> but -- what's a good rule for determining if it's applicable?

I assume you mean how to determine if it is used on a platform?  That's
a good question.  Either you specify system by system how to use it, or
you have to some how divine it's applicability.  What _I_ would do is see
if the .o format is ELF ; if so, then I would use it.  I don't _know_
that every System V ELF based system allows it, but it seems likely.
Perhaps if you use this to determine the default, and then allow a hint
file mechanism to 'turn it off' on systems where it isn't appropriate?

;