Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy problem in lynx 2.7

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Proxy problem in lynx 2.7
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:52:37 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Chunping Ding wrote:

> I have problem to read any remote files. When I type
> "lynx" command, I got the error message:
>
> TAccess: Can't access `http://lynx.browser.org/'
> Alert!: Unable to access document
>
> *******************************
> I am using proxy. In lynx.cfg, I set:
>
> http_proxy:web:80/
> https_proxy:web:80/
> ftp_proxy:web:80/
> gopher_proxy:web:80/
> news_proxy:web:80/
> newspost_proxy:web:80/

These proxy specifications are invalid for lynx.  Make them look like

http_proxy:http://web.DOM.AIN:80/
ftp_proxy:http://web.DOM.AIN:80/

as given by the examples in the distributed lynx.cfg.
This assumes that web.DOM.AIN is your proxy's address.
You can probably also get away with

http_proxy:http://web/
ftp_proxy:http://web/

in this case.