Re: LYNX-DEV HP-UX weirdness with 2-7ac0.28 solved

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV HP-UX weirdness with 2-7ac0.28 solved
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 02:01:48 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Jonathan Sergent wrote:

>  ] > BTW, lynx with color curses is neato.
>  ] which curses? (HP-UX 10.x has curses_colr, or was that ncurses?)
>
> Just plain old -lcurses on 9.01 -- Purdue ECN hasn't upgraded to
> 10.x yet.

Interesting,  I can't find any documentation on color with curses on 9.07.
I also checked in /usr/lib/ to see if there was a termcap_colr/ like there
is on 10.01, and there wasn't.  Perhaps it's something that's in there but
not documented?

> In any case, I think it would be nice to make it possible to use
> the vendor's compiler instead of FSF's on platforms where there's
> a difference between the two (HP-UX being one of them) and have it
> handle the compiler flags correctly.  The same applies to any other
> system which probably doesn't come with gcc (or which gcc hasn't
> been ported to).

I think that will be an ultimate goal, but most gnu tools make SOME
assumptions about other gnu tools being on the system...

BTW, I've found that with lynx anyway, gcc produces a smaller binary than
HP's cc.