Re: LYNX-DEV using Lynx as an automatic internet agent

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV using Lynx as an automatic internet agent
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:48:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, A. R. Vener wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to get Lynx to run automatically, posibly under a
> cron task, on a Unix system. [and submit data from a form]

If your data is static then the job is easy.

First, grab the real form, change the submit url to a mailto: to yourself,
post the form and you have the data you need.  Save that in a file (data).
I do this for a daily contest and I like to know how things are going, so
I send the output to a file I can check whenever I feel like (output).
Here is my crontab entry:

lynx -post_data http://www.whereever.com/cgi-bin/survey.cgi <data >output

It works GREAT!  Unfortunately, I haven't won anything yet :-(

Wayne

;
;