Re: LYNX-DEV startfile

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV startfile
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 10:43:14 -0500 (EST)

970323 David Fournier wrote:
> I am using lynx version 2.42.  How may I change the startfile from the
> default startfile implemented by my internet provider.

simply enter  lynx  followed by the URL or path of the file you want:
if it's a local file, it must have the extension  .html  or  .htm .
to do this every time, simply write a 1-line script containing that command.

NB 2-4-2 is long out-of-date: the latest version of Lynx is 2-7.
if your sysadmin/ISP is slow to update, you can do so yourself:
check  lynx.browser.org  for details.

also, there is a comprehensive on-line help available:
simply enter  h  when using Lynx.

;