Re: LYNX-DEV problems with printing

From: Vikram Kamdar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problems with printing
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:34:20 +0530 (GMT+5:30)

Dear Al,

thanks a lot for attending to my problem.
my system administrator has finally been able
to solve the problem. He has not replied to
my querry abt the origin of the problem though.

thanks once again, knight in white...:-))

vikram

On Sun, 23 Mar 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

>   From: address@hidden
>   Subject: LYNX-DEV problems with printing
>
>   after going to lynx, when i try to print the file
>   3 or 4 alternatives as under come on the screen
>
>       save to current dir
>       mail the file
>       print to the screen
>
>   i am having problems with alt 2 i.e. mail the file
>   when i try to mail, the address ( as given in option)
>   comes, followed by /sh/user/lib/sendmail...
>
>   i.e. address@hidden/user/lib/sendmail
>
>   so the file doesn't get maild as address is incorrect.
>   will you pl guide me on what correction needs to be made
>   to my options ?
>
> 1.  Workaround:  Did you try using ^U to clear what came up and
> manually entering the To: address you want?
>
> 2.  Workaround:  Go to the page in question, and then use the g)o
> command and enter a mailto: URL with to correct To: address.
> You will be asked if you wish to include the original message.
> Answer yes.  This has the defect that the page being mailed is
> quoted, but it gets the right words to the right mailbox.
>
> 3.  Detective work:  Look in your .lynxrc file to see if there
> is anything strange about the way your email address is stored.
>
> 4.  Detective work:  Have you tried tracing what is happening with
> trace mode?
>
> 5.  Detective work:  What precise operating system are you running
> on, and what sendmail are you using?
>
> Regards and good luck,
>
> --
> Al Gilman

 O  O   Have a great day...........  Vikram Kamdar
  <     Tel :  (91) 22 493 66 06 - (91) 22 494 01 12
 \__/   E-mail : address@hidden

;
;