Re: LYNX-DEV 2.6 configuration questions

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.6 configuration questions
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 19:09:47 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Chuck Bearden wrote:
> 1) Our users find that when they tab to a drop-down menu
>    (e.g. at www.hotbot.com), they cannot get the box to
>    close once they have selected an option.  The session
>    is basically stuck until the job is killed.  This occurs
>    whether one telnets directly to the SPARC or goes through
>    our network.
>    Any way to fix this?

This was a problem on BCPL with Lynx2-3-7, but I thought it went away when
they installed Lynx2-6.  Lynx2-7 is the newest production version
available.

> 2) We just switched from 2.3.8 Beta to 2.6.  The previous
>    version did not highlight all links, just the one selected.
>    Some of our users find this confusing, and would like to
>    see only the selected link highlighted, as before.
>    Is there a way to change this?  I've been through the
>    .lynxrc, lynx.cfg, and userdefs.h files, and found nothing
>    that leapt right out at me as being the answer.
> I don't know what options were exercised when our binary was
> compiled, as it was probably done by our vendor.

Binaries are available for 2-7; check on
http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/binaries.html
You should try to compile it yourself, and also learn what the termcap or
terminfo settings are for users.  Different emulators will do different
things.  Let me know if you need more help.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
You'll have a really miserable time.

;