Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:02:57 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I have been refused access to some web sites with a message that I am
> not using the appropriate browser (?). Any suggestions or help sites?

There are a few things you can do, and I'm sure someone on the list will
correct me if I'm wrong..

1) Change the User (A)gent in the (O)ptions of Lynx (something like
   Mozilla 3.0 compatible or change the spacing in Lynx - be warned,
   Netscape don't like this)

2) E-mail the owner of the site (usually address@hidden) asking why, and
   seeing if they will modify their server so that text based clients can
   get in..

3) Give us a URL to look at :>

4) Convince your sysadmins to move to Lynx 2.7, its got quite a few bug
   patches etc compared to 2.5, or download the source, and compile it
   yourself.
   (see http://lynx.browser.org)

HTH.

Duncan Hill
Administrator/Webmaster for Bajan.Org
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - I think that I think therefore I think I am.
Email: address@hidden  :  address@hidden
http://www.bajan.org       http://www.bajan.org/dhill