LYNX-DEV Frames-challenged???

From: Michael Warner
Subject: LYNX-DEV Frames-challenged???
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:40:55 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 address@hidden wrote:
> > I have been refused access to some web  sites with a message that
> > I am not using the appropriate browser (?). Any suggestions or
> > help sites?
>
> Please, name some names.  We will be happy to politely inform the
> respective web authors how they can accomodate text-only, blind,
> differently-sighted and other browsing groups.

OK, snitch mode on, ready to name a name:

http://www.PlanetAll.com/

is a free locator/address-book/reminder/etc service that doesn't
exactly refuse access, but after you get registered it puts up a
screen that says:

Prospective PlanetAll Citizen

To provide a rich browsing experience, we have implemented the
members area of our site as a "frames" enabled site.

You currently have a frames-challenged browser.  To access the
members area of PlanetAll you need to get a frames enabled
browser such as:

* [6]Internet Explorer 3.0
* [7]Netscape Navigator 3.0

        Please come back after you have upgraded to one of
        these two browsers.

If you stubbornly forge on with your pathetic lynx browser, it doesn't
seem to be any worse than any other similar site, though it ain't
good.  They even have links for 'text-only' pages in a number of
places.  I guess they want your hits even if they can't intimidate you
into getting a "real" browser.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>