LYNX-DEV aieeee! DOS filename/paths

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV aieeee! DOS filename/paths
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:46:04 -0500 (EST)

If anyone is wondering why they haven't heard much on my dos/win32 file
support progress, I found a web page that sums up my confusion.

http://www.ctyme.com/intr/rb-2786.htm

I really like the flexability of Win95, but this is out of control.  Now
add the paths that (I am sure some) lynx'ers will expect and things just
go nova.

You know, //comp/share/file can have two meanings!

ftp://comp.mydomain/share/file
file:////comp/share/file        ( \\comp\share\file )

I am just ranting a little so I can make some progress after.  Hopefully
someone might find it interesting anyhow.

One question for you VAX people, can you start lynx with real VMS file
paths?

Wayne

;
;