LYNX-DEV lynx download script

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx download script
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:58:37 -0700

Hi all,

I had one of our users ask me today if I had an easy way to download files
off the web overnight. It occured to me that a script that could take a time
and a url as input could register a lynx download command to be executed at
the desired time via cron. I am wondering if anyone has such a script, or
maybe parts of it that can be addapted to this use. (Especially the code
to mess with time and cron!)

Also, I recall once on one system I used a command called leave that would
take a time as input, and tell you that it was time to get ready to leave
about 5 minutes or so before, and then get increasingly insistant about
telling you to leave until you logged off. Anyone know of such a beast, and
where to get it or something similar?

[Don't worry, I am not going to ask that the chron stuff be added to lynx
so that I can say "lynx -download <URL> -time <time> -name <output_filename>".
That'd be rediculous. I would like a nice script though.]

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,