Re: LYNX-DEV More detailed description of my slang problems..

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More detailed description of my slang problems..
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 09:19:12 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, Hynek Med wrote:

> It's kind of hard to describe.. If you have lynx+slang on Linux console (a
> while ago I tried the newest slang - still the same), and look at for
> example www.naf.cz/arachne, there are "links to the world". These are in
> normal color, with their names/descriptions in bright. Now. Suppose you

I think I can clarify this.  If you have an output like:
{B}
{A HREF="fred.html"}fred{/A}
{A HREF="julie.gif"}julie{/A}
{/B}

They don't show up as links.  They show up as bold, and you have to use
the cursor to check them.  Another problem I've encountered (its bad HTML
by the way) is that if someone designs a page like so:

{A HREF="ggd.htm"}{B}ger{/A}
{A HREF="grtg.gif"}gr{/B}{/A}

Only the second link is seen as a viable link to Lynx, unless you use l to
see the links on the page.  Is this lynx or slang?

Duncan Hill