LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7 problem

From: jeetndra
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7 problem
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:27:21 +0530 (IST)

I am writing to you regarding a problem with the Lynx 2.7 browser used by
my ISP. Earlier versions of Lynx would allow me to use the following syntax
at the 'goto' prompt :
ftp://login:address@hidden

Unfortunately Lynx 2.7 acts very strangely and wont even display the ftp
address (I use advanced mode so i can see the url's). Thus URL's are
often displayed as 'ftp://name/password/....'. Needless to say this just
returns an 'unknown domain name' error. I always need to browse through
the page's source by pressing '/' to see what URL is being accessed which
is not at all a pleasant task.

Please could you tell me if i am doing something wrong or if this
feature has been discontinued? For example I would like to use this command
to login to my directory at geocities.com with one single command.

Thanking you in anticipation,

- Jeetendra Chandragiri
 (address@hidden)