Re: LYNX-DEV terminal

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV terminal
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:31:19 -0500 (EST)

  From: Leslie Jackson <address@hidden>
  Subject: LYNX-DEV terminal
  To: address@hidden

  I'm a member of the well. This is a problem that comes up when reading
  Lynx docs. The screen shows two or three pages at once, collaged.
  It's interesting, but nonsensical.
  Is this a terminal emulation issue?
  Is it something you can walk me through? Should I consult the well?

Yes, Les, the best way for you to work problems like this is for
you to take them to the Well and whoever from the Well staff
helps you come to address@hidden (address@hidden will
do) if stumped or it looks like a bug in Lynx.

To make their job easier, please provide the Well help desk with
a more detailed description of just what you did leading up to
the screen being full of the jumbled text.

This one does sound like it is your terminal emulation that has
bitten you.

If the Well is running or can recommend a VT-100
terminal-emulation test program or service that is easy for
consumers to use without a lot of handholding, please let me
know.  This is a missing link in our helpdesk arsenal.

--
Al Gilman

;