Re: LYNX-DEV bold, underline, reverse, colors in Lynx

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bold, underline, reverse, colors in Lynx
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:56:39 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Mar 97 23:05:00 +0800, you said:

>Now I guess for full colour customization I'd have to wait for Rob to
>update his sorely missed colour styles patches... :(

Actually, I use Rob's 2-6 patch with lynx 2-7, and it works very well.  It
took little bit of work to fold in, but it worked surprisingly well.
I got only four or five rejects.  All but one were easy to fold in by hand,
one of them I wasn't able to locate at all.  Being in adventurous mood, I
decided to simply throw it away, and it worked.

The only thing which gave me really hard time was to figure out why it
doesn't read the colors from my lynx.cfg.  The solution was very simple:
I had to move the code for "STYLE" in LYReadCFG.c so it will be with the
other S's. :-)

After that, it needed only one more fix:  I had to prevent start_curses ()
in LYCurses.c from calling parse_userstyles () in the case the lynx.cfg
wasn't read recently.  I just added one more int variable, which get's set
in LYReadCFG.c and I check it before calling parse_userstyles.

It work's great!  Good job, Rob!

--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
address@hidden