Re: LYNX-DEV note on peculiar problem

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV note on peculiar problem
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 16:31:41 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487)

  I then fetched the page and did a weblint against it.  I found one problem.
  At the end of 570+ lines of HTML <FORM>, there was a </OL> that didn't
  match up with an <OL>.  lynx -trace said:
  SGML: End </OL>
  SGML: Found </OL> when expecting </FORM>. </FORM> assumed.

  I am not reporting this as a lynx error - I mean, I know the
  parse engine can only do so much.  But I did want to mention it as
  a heads for for the folk answering email that it may be a bit tough
  for someone trying to read the trace output to pinpoint certain types
  of problems.

Good thought.

1. This reads a lot like a diagnosis that Dan Strychalski posted
on lynx-learners.  This failure mode may be quite common.

2. Sure sounds like string-searching for "assume" in trace files
could be a good way to find failure mechanisms quickly.

--
Al Gilman

;