Re: LYNX-DEV Re: error recovery for form parsing

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: error recovery for form parsing
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 14:12:22 -0500 (EST)

  From: Wayne Buttles <address@hidden>

  After hitting a number of these sites myself I am of the mind that
  although it isn't right, we should have multiple ways to parse a document
  for forms *as we already do for comments*

  Comments?

Yes.  We can fix what we have for comments in the process.

At the user interface, what one wants is _one_ "try harder"
command.  This should be programmed internally to format TABLEs,
relax comment parsing, or whatever appears to be the problem.
The point is that a) the user has identified the need for a retry
and b) Lynx will guess more liberally than it does normally.

Please don't ask the user to select what style of parsing they
want.

--
Al Gilman
;