Re: LYNX-DEV Re: error recovery for form parsing

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: error recovery for form parsing
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:39:35 -0800

On Apr 3, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
> >
> > Please don't ask the user to select what style of parsing they
> > want.
>
> We would still have to ask what to fix.  A page with broken forms and bad
> commenting may get worse if you just try to get looser on everything at
> once.

Hmm.  Would it be possible for Lynx to "remember" what assumptions
it had to make, and then pop up a selection list?  IE:

        Try Harder Menu

  Lynx detected the following possible problems
  in this document.  Please mark each item that
  you with Lynx to "try harder" on.

   ( ) Assumed end of form entry
   ( ) Possible unterminated comment
   ( ) Overly heavy table reliance
   ( ) Braindead HTML author

OK, so maybe the last one's a bit too much, but a guy can dream,
can't he? :)

> Wayne

Jason

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

       Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most.