Re: LYNX-DEV Re: error recovery for form parsing

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: error recovery for form parsing
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:59:03 -0700

Hmm,

Thinking about it, we could devise a sort of 'tree' of remedies that would
help a bad page. If the user hits the "try harder" command, we start at the
root of the tree, and apply a 'fix'. Then, with the "fixed" screen displayed,
offer the user a choice of "good, try harder, or worse" where good is only
there for those who insist on all the options. It would basically terminate
the process, leaving the improved page displayed. If the user says try harder
again, we go on to the next branch, if not, back up and try another choice.

I suspect that with a little coded logic and a table of options, that it
could be done like this.

We would also have to decide (or ask the user) what to do with other pages.
We could maintain the current "mode" for this site or this session, or revert
to 'normal' on the next link selected. Some other slight modifications of
these options also exist.

Just some random thoughts.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,