Re: LYNX-DEV chance for publicity

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV chance for publicity
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 04:35:58 -0800

re possible reuters article on or including lynx.

Does anyone have a FRIEND who works for netscrape or
equiv div of M$?  Maybe could find out how many
people, and how much money, is spend solely on
workarounds for bad html.  M$ being the new IBM,
there might be HUNDREDS of people doing this one
job.

Anyway, if so, sure would make an interesting
addition to any article, and would "prove" just
how bad the average html has been written -- even
by automatic programs.

The other day I was talking to someone who had
done a web page for an organization, and I suggested
running it through one of those html-checking-sites.

Man, the resistance I came up against.  OTHER people
might make nesting errors, etc, in html, but NOT HIM,
no way!  And I bet everyone on this list has the
same experience.

So this possible article will have to be pretty hard-
hitting, with lots of facts behind it, to convince
anyone to run their html code through a checker...

Just my thoughts.
;
;