Re: LYNX-DEV HELPFILE definition

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV HELPFILE definition
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:54:51 -0500 (EST)

970404 Greg Sutherland wrote:
> I would rather point to the help files on my machine if I could
> figure out the syntax.  Does anyone have an example of pointing to a
> file rather than a http?

here is the line from my  lynx.cfg  file:

HELPFILE:file://localhost/homes/purslow/lynx27/lynx2-7/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html

 purslow  is my userid & home directory;
the rest is the path to the help startpage,
which you would change to suit the location of your own version.

our hard-working sysadmin is too remote to update Lynx,
so i do it myself in my own directories.

;