LYNX-DEV Lynx and Dos file names

From: vischne
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Dos file names
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 08:44:02 -0500

What a great job of porting code to Windows.  One minor problem
to iron out is that Dos file names and directories are separated
by `\', while Unix uses `/'.

So, I set my system editor to be notepad, and notepad comes up
called by lynx, and it wants to edit a file called `c:\tempdir/xxx.tmp'
which Dos doesn't understand.

It took me a minute or two to figure out that I want to exit notepad,
telling notepad to save the .tmp file, so that lynx can take that file
and do something with it.

;
;