Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1 and Linux (internal compiler error ?!?)

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1 and Linux (internal compiler error ?!?)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 13:24:12 -0500

 ] Just got Lynx 2.7.1, and am having trouble getting it to compile
 ] on Linux (kernel 2.0.22)...'make' runs for a while then fails
 ] with 'Internal Compiler Error' or something to that effect while
 ] running 'make linux-ncurses'.  Is there any known fix for this?
 ] Thanks - I really enjoy Lynx, and would like to have the latest
 ] version installed.

It's worked fine for me (and several others I would suspect).

Is this the error?
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

If so, it's probably a hardware problem (!) and you should fetch
the Sig11 FAQ at http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ to see if their
suggestions help.

 ] I'm not on this list, so I'd appreciate receiving CC's of
 ] any followups (or at least let me know if this list is
 ] archived somewhere...).

interested.

Hope this helped.

--