Re: LYNX-DEV How to make a PREV_LINK URL...

From: Palmer King (SCFN)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How to make a PREV_LINK URL...
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 21:03:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

>   Is there any way to create a URL in a document which would return the user
>   to the previous link?
>
> Why?  Would you expand a little on the scenario in which you
> would want this?  At present you can put the plain text legend

  SCFN is currently a menu based system which activates lynx to display
  local and remote files/web pages. We are preparing to move to lynx
  as the primary presentation manager, and need to deal with "culture"
  shock for our 8000+ patrons. As part of the transition, we want to
  provide each information page with a "return to menu" reference until
  the user adjust to lynx being the menu control as well as the www
  browser.

  Of course, we can work around it, but, if it can be done, we believe
  it would help our users through the transition.