Re: LYNX-DEV Sending active link/page URL to print/download ?

From: JOHNLIM
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Sending active link/page URL to print/download ?
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 97 15:08:00 +0800

address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:

 >I was wondering if Lynx could forward URLs to a program (webget in this
 >case) so I could stuff it in the background and continue browsing with
 >Lynx ?
 L(> As far as I am aware, lynx has no current ability to pass a URL to a
 L(> program to use.  The easiest place to provide one is as it tries to
 L(> print or download a file.
I thought as much :(

 L(> Here is a feature that I would _love_ to see provided.  In the utility
 L(> code used to provide PRINT, DOWNLOAD, and UPLOAD capabilities, add to
 L(> the environment of the shell that is used to execute the [PDU]*
 L(> commands the variables:
 L(> LYNX_URL - URL being processed
 L(> LYNX_TMPFILE - temporary file name being processed
 L(> LYNX_BESTNAME - suggested file name
 L(> In this way, instead of the traditional code suggested for assigning
 L(> %f's to variables, etc. users could directly use the above variable
 L(> names.
I agree with this - is there a feature request page or something ? (I'm not
sure if this has anything to do with the TODO page I keep hearing about in
lynx-dev once in a while)

---
 John Lim Eng Hooi * Email address@hidden
 CoSysOp, Cyber City BBS +603-7587400 * Cyber HQ [http://www.cyberhq.net.my]