LYNX-DEV Lynx, SSL and DGUX

From: Dion Vansevenant
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx, SSL and DGUX
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 12:35:48 -0400 (EDT)

I've been browsing through the archives for the past few days, but have
not been able to find what I'm looking for.

We are currently running lynx 2.4.2 on our Data General system using dgux
5.4R3.10. I found the lynx 2.7 code and managed to compile it (I had to
remove the -lsocket option though. Bad thing?). However I would like to
be able to use Lynx to connect to sites that use SSL.

I found the SSLeay code and the code for edssl and eassl. The SSLeay code
compiled after I removed the -lsocket option from the command line. I
haven't had a chance to really play with it, so I'm not sure how I would
use it. The other two programs I'm not too sure about.

If someone has set up Lynx to use SSL on their DG, I would greatly
appreciate hearing from you. Or, if anyone can offer advice on the proper
way to go about combining all of these components (sorry, but I couldn't
find anything in the archive that would help) I would also greatly
appreciate hearing from you.

I will summarize and post the final results to the list if people are
interested.

Dion

*  Dion Vansevenant                                                     *
*  System Administrator                     Tel: (519) 472-1005         *
*  Faxon Canada Ltd.                        Fax: (519) 472-1072         *
*  P.O. Box 2382                         E-mail: address@hidden  *
*  London, ON N6A 5A7                       Web: www.faxon.com          *
*  Canada                                                               *