LYNX-DEV I need your Browser -Reply

From: David Godshall
Subject: LYNX-DEV I need your Browser -Reply
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 17:08:00 -0600

 | I read PCWORLD MAY 1997 pg.274 they said your browser will work on
 | an 8088 pc with 640k mem can you tell me if this will work. Please
 | reply to address@hidden

Actually, Lynx will not.  For the DOS/Intel platform there are only
versions of Lynx for 386 and for Windows 95/NT.

What *WILL* work on an 8088 computer, however, is Bobcat, which is
based on somewhat older Lynx code but pretty heavily modified to work
on smaller computers -- therefore it is called Bobcat instead of Lynx
(a real Bobcat being kind of like a smaller Lynx).  Prior to that
there was DosLynx, but it was even less Lynx than Bobcat and
development has ceased on DosLynx.

If you have web access, you can get more information on Wayne
Buttles' page at "http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/";.  Wayne is the
primary author Bobcat, Lynx 386, Lynx 95/NT, and prior to that the
most recent DosLynx updates.

David Godshall, Doslynx-dev Administrator
;
;