LYNX-DEV Win32/386

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Win32/386
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 00:02:07 -0400 (EDT)

I just put a new version of the 386 and Win32 lynx executables on fdisk.
They are linked off http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm.  I was
going to wait until I could merge with the latest code, but I didn't want
the users to suffer for my slowness.

Stuff that changed since the my not-really-official last release:

Correct (?) colormap (yes, it will mess up your hacks ;-)
File url's that should be able to handle more real-world abuse.
Printing uses \r\n to avoid staircasing
386 version can handle numeric addresses
386 uses lynx.rc instead of .lynxrc
fix for keypad enter/+/-
different method used to spawn apps, hopefully it helps.

386 still can't do news or ftp.  It is still planned, I just haven't been
successful.

There are still other unknown and known bugs to find and fix.  I need to
integrate this mess into whatever the current code is and then I can
continue on.  Keep the bugs coming to lynx-dev.

Wayne, up past his bed time again.

;
;