Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 06:25:44 -0400

> From: John <address@hidden>
> On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Ruth H Woods wrote:
>
> > Do I need additional code for https to work? I get the
> > following message when I try https....
>
> > Alert!: HTTP/1.0 404 Not found
>
> The correct context is: http://etc.etc not HTTP/etc.etc
>
> Hope this helps ... BYE

Actually, the _correct_ answer, is that https is not built into lynx 2.7.1
as distributed on <URL:http://lynx.browsers.org/> .  However, if a user
will read thru the pages on that site, particularly the page regarding
enhancments/add-ons to lynx, the user will find a pointer to some code to
use with lynx to get the https support needed.
;