Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do I get https to work?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 08:54:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Ruth H Woods wrote:

:
:  I don't understand your response.  My https connections works from
:netscape, but not lynx 2.7.1.  I thought lynx 2.7.1 supported https??
:Now it appears I have to find code for https.  Any help is appreciated.

There is an SSL enabled Lynx available from

        ftp://shadow.cabi.net/pub/Linux

perhaps you downloaded Lynx 2.7 from that site.  The generic Lynx
distribution needs SSL code to be incorporated seperately.  As I explained
in an earlier message, this is necessary due to restrictions on the
distribution of cryptographic technology imposed by the US Federal
Government, aka *.gov.  cabi.net is an off-shore site.

address@hidden  *  Lynx 2.7.1  *  PGP  *  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
        VIRGO (Aug 23 - Sept 22)
You are the logical type and hate disorder.  This nitpicking is
sickening to your friends.  You are cold and unemotional and sometimes
fall asleep while making love.  Virgos make good bus drivers.

;
;