LYNX-DEV bug?

From: Dennis Moore
Subject: LYNX-DEV bug?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 15:04:00 -0500

LYMainLoop.c, lines 376-7:
printf("\nlynx: Can't access startfile %s\n",
                               startfile);

shouldn't this go to stderr?  i glanced through the source to see what
kinds of things _did_ go to stderr, and noticed that most, if not all of
them, are prefaced by an if (TRACE).  the main reason i'm asking this is
because someone was trying to write a perl script which did a
lynx -dump | ispell, and didn't want the pipe to occur if lynx dumped
something to stderr.  "can't access startfile" seemed like an error to
both of us.

--
pity this busy monster, manunkind,          |   Dennis  Moore   |         Sarah
not. Progress is a comfortable disease.     |  address@hidden  |     McLachlan