Re: LYNX-DEV error recovery for form parsing

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV error recovery for form parsing
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 03:01:35 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 20:17:37 -0500 (EST)
> From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>
> Laura Eaves <address@hidden> wrote:
> >The url is  http://www.comptime.com/nisbet/trivia.html
>       I guess the fact that Lynx doesn't crash of FORM markup
> that awful is a good test of the FORM hack. :) :)

I'd say the form hack is pretty well tested...:)

There is one small unrelated nit that this URL demonstrates...
The "Bad HTML" message goes by so fast the user barely has time to notice it,
much less read it.
Below is a diff in which I've added some missing calls to sleep(MessageSecs).

Also, another observation (not necessarily a bug):
This has to do with the appearance of the page as I move the <FORM> tag around.
I have an html file containing 2 tables and a form.
Table 1 contains no forms.
When <FORM> is embedded in table 2, no blank lines appear between the 2 tables,
or within the tables.
When I move <FORM> up to between table 1 and table 2, it seems
to generate a blank line.
When I put a duplicate <FORM> tag between the 2 tables (so there is a "nested"
form), the form is handled fine, but there are 2 blank lines between the tables.
I never thought a <FORM> tag had anything to do with formatting the output.
Am I wrong?
--le

*** src/HTML.c  Tue Apr  8 13:07:17 1997
--- H.c Wed Apr  9 02:14:01 1997
***************
*** 4372,4377 ****
--- 4372,4378 ----
                        "HTML: Something not closed before HTML close-tag\n");
            else if (!me->inBadHTML) {
                _statusline(BAD_HTML_USE_TRACE);
+               sleep(MessageSecs);
            }
        break;

***************
*** 4482,4487 ****
--- 4483,4489 ----
                        "HTML: Something not closed before BODY close-tag\n");
            else if (!me->inBadHTML) {
                _statusline(BAD_HTML_USE_TRACE);
+               sleep(MessageSecs);
            }