Re: LYNX-DEV error recovery for form parsing

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV error recovery for form parsing
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 11:48:22 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> > If the people UNDERSTAND that, then maybe they'll be
> > more interested in getting their html "right".
>
> Nope.  I've tried with literally hundreds of sites to get them to clean
> up their act (including some folk within what I would have considered
> my own sphere of influence).  They consistently reply 'The page works fine
> for over 90% of the folk using it.  I will not waste time making the
> page 'better' just to suit a small group of unlikely users, regardless
> of who they are.

I've been remarkably lucky then.  About 90% of the people/sites I have
sent email to tend to fix their pages within 2 days...

I must admit, if I hadn't moved to Linux, and Lynx, my pages would be
utter crud, full of Netscapisms etc..for that I say thankyou to anyone who
has ever developed Lynx...

Duncan Hill