Re: LYNX-DEV Table toggle

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Table toggle
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:14:32 -0400

> Is there a way to incorporate Tom's table proxy into the current Lynx
> code, and allow users to implement it with a toggle (ala
> minimal/historical comments, IMGs as links, etc.)?  From my minimal

> Where there's a will, there's a way.  The question is, would that
> really be a good idea?  I don't think it would be.  Once that kind of
> code is integrated into Lynx, it would be hard to get it out again
> when a better solution comes along.  True table implementation needs to be

I doubt that lynx, with the code that now exists for it, will get any
better than it is now.  Perhaps "Son of Lynx", designed and written
from scratch to be a new super whoopie lisp/scheme/ml/hot language of
the week based browser, may stir some student's interest in revolutionizing
the web, but other than that, what we have now is what we will be living
with, with the exception of evolutionary improvements such as Fote
provided over the past few years.
;