LYNX-DEV Re: your mail

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: your mail
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 16:42:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Pete Faoro wrote:

> Can anyone point me to addresses for a text-only Lnyx broswer and e-mail and
> the software (diallers, PPP, etc.) needed to use it?  I am trying to get an
> ancient XT (strictly DOS; no Windows) in serviceable condition so our family
> can keep in touch over great distances.

If you have access to a web browser, check out
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/

Bobcat is a Lynx-alike for any PC although there are some problems with
CGA.  There are also other links for all types of PC users.

> I have installed Net-Tamer, and it works, but is graphical and painfully
> slow, and won't run in the background so we can use IRC programs.

I was under the impression that nettamer had a text only mode, but I
don't know for sure since I don't have an modem so I can't run it.

Wayne.

;
;