Re: LYNX-DEV form input and back up command

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV form input and back up command
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 05:34:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> I've been browsing through some web pages this morning
> and noticed that a couple of times when I would fill out a form
> and submit it, then continue browsing for a while, then back up
> (using left arrow) to the original form, I discovered that
> my input had reverted back to the form defaults.
> This happened twice.

Lynx doesn't keep an infinite number of documents in memory.
See the explanation for DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE in userdefs.h and
lynx.cfg.  If you visit more documents than that number, older
ones are pushed out of memory (disregarding the VAXC case).

If you want to look at the code where that is done, it is in
HText_new() in GridText.c.

  Klaus

;
;